Ms. Aleta Chappelle is coming to Berlin again to teach her internationally acclaimed Film Acting Technique Workshops in English. This intensive 2-day workshop is designed for adult actors who want to develop more skills and confidence ON CAMERA. All acting levels of experience can benefit from this intensive acting workshop.
The Workshop is limited to 10 Actors and it includes 10 hours of study (5 hours Saturday and 5 hours Sunday). During which time everything from audition techniques to working on the actual film set will be the focus. In addition, each actor’s monologue will be filmed the following Monday or Tuesday. Ms. Chappelle will have an assistant helping with Lighting/Sound during the filming to give the monologues a more professional look, so parts can be used in the Actor’s promotional reel. It will take approximately ONE HOUR to film each 2 to 3 minute long monologue, at various LOCATIONS (a home interior, or the park, or an office and so on), depending on what setting works best for the subject matter of the monologue each actor prepared for the workshop.
Actors are asked to memorize a 2 to 3-minute long monologue. It can be comic or dramatic, from a film or a play, something the actor has performed before or it can be new material. This will be a very important part of the overall workshop, with each actor performing the monologue ON CAMERA numerous times during the workshop.
Part #1 on Saturday:
1) Open discussion: The difference between STAGE and FILM acting. What Casting Directors are looking for during AUDITIONS. How best to move acting careers forward.
2) Warm-ups for the BODY (stretching and breathing) and for the MIND (improvisation games).
3) Actors perform the monologue they have chosen ON CAMERA. This allows Ms. Chappelle to evaluate each Actor’s FILM ACTING skills level. She can then give individualized attention and coach each Actor toward areas that need improvement.
4) As a COLD READING exercise each Actor is given a few minutes to study a short scene from FILM SCRIPTS with a scene partner. Then both actors perform the scene ON CAMERA.
5) For the SCENE STUDY portion of the Workshop – on Saturday each actor is assigned a challenging scene to study overnight and then perform ON CAMERA with a scene partner on Sunday.
Part #2 on Sunday:
6) The overall focus of the workshop shifts to what’s required from Actors ON SET and how to deliver an authentic performance, that goes beyond what is written on the page. The scenes the actors learned overnight are performed on camera. We will also use Improvisation technique to explore the characters deeper, while at the same time following ON CAMERA performance rules.
7) Actors will rehearse the monologues again at the end of the day, more notes are given and now the monologues will be ready for filming the following days. The schedule and location for filming the monologues will be worked out between Ms. Chappelle and each participant in the Workshop on an individual basis.
Saturday July 7, 2018 – from 10:00 to 15:00 (5 HOURS)
Sunday July 8, 2018 – from 10:00 to 15:00 (5 HOURS)
800A Berlin, Stettiner Strasse 19, 13357 Berlin
240€ (10 hours of the workshop plus the time devoted to filming monologues on Monday or Tuesday). 120€ due to reserve a place.
MAXIMUM 10 participants! Please consider registering as early as possible. Due to scheduling it won’t be possible to include more than 10 students to the upcoming workshop.