TO REGISTER or for MORE INFORMATION contact
Ms. Aleta Chappelle, the director of the soon to be released feature film RED DRESS SOLILOQUY and the hit comedy GOOSED starring Jennifer Tilly, who is also an Award Winning Casting Director that has cast films for Francis COPPOLA, Wim WENDERS, Roland EMMERICH and more – is returning to Berlin to teach her internationally acclaimed Film Acting “Master Class” (in English). It’s designed for adult Actors who want to develop additional skills and gain more confidence ON CAMERA. All ACTING LEVELS can benefit from the insights and personalized attention Ms. Chappelle provides.
Offering 3 LEVELS of PARTICIPATION:
– Advanced (by invitation OR Audition only: Actors who have studied with Ms. Chappelle before or experienced Actors who can submit their acting reel for consideration)
– Observer Only
During this 2 day (8 hours total) lecture, demonstration and “On Camera” MASTER CLASS, Actors who have studied with Ms. Chappelle in the past and other selected Actors will participate as ADVANCED ACTORS. They will present MONOLOGUES, participate in COLD READING EXERCISES and SCENE STUDY, as she coaches them towards an AUTHENTIC and CONFIDENT PERFORMANCES that is also TECHNICALLY PROFICIENT “On Camera.”
PARTICIPANT/OBSERVERS – will observe all the activities of the Advanced Actors and then on Sunday they are invited to present a 2 minute MONOLOGUE “On Camera” and receive coaching from Ms. Chappelle.
OBSERVERS ONLY are invited to observe all elements of the Master Class without participating actively.
Here’s the format:
– FILM ACTING vs STAGE ACTING.
– How to produce a performance of “honest emotion without theatricality” while on a film set.
The ADVANCED ACTORS present a 2 minute MONOLOGUE on CAMERA for evaluation and notes.
– 15-minute break
– what every Actor should know before auditioning.
– What Casting Director’s are looking for from Actors during the auditions.
– The Advanced Actors participate in a COLD READING exercise. They are also given a scene from FILM SCRIPT to study and memorize overnight.
“ON SET” DEMONSTRATION:
– The Advanced Actors perform their assigned scene ON CAMERA, focusing on the following: taking direction, delivering multiple takes, matching action and the discipline required while performing in extreme CLOSE-UP.
– 15-minute break
– The Advanced Actor’s MONOLOGUES are performed “On Camera” as they receive personalized coaching from Ms. Chappelle.
– The Observer/Participate’s MONOLOGUES are also FILMED as they receive personalized coaching from Ms. Chappelle.
*Observer/Participants – 75€
*To keep a copy of the Monologue filmed during the Sunday class it’s an additional 25€