JOIN US for a unique FILM ACTING Workshop and RETREAT at the SCHÖNOW CASTLE in PASSOW (only 1 hour and 28 minutes from Berlin).
Ms. Aleta Chappelle the director of the new Feature Film RED DRESS SOLILOQUY that is screening at Cannes 2019 and the hit comedy GOOSED starring Jennifer Tilly, and who is also a Award Winning Casting Director that has cast for: Francis and Sofia COPPOLA, Wim WENDERS, Martha COOLIDGE, Roland EMMERICH and more – is back to teach her Internationally acclaimed Film Acting Workshops (in English). It is designed for adult Actors who want to develop additional skills and gain more confidence ON CAMERA – ALL Acting Levels will benefit from the personalized attention Ms. Chappelle provides. See Ms. Chappelle’s credits: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0152635/
Come develop more ACTING SKILLS while surrounded the beautiful German countryside, watch movies and spend the night in a beautiful CASTLE!
Here’s the Castle website (Ms. Chappelle also shot her film “Red Dress Soliloquy” there in May 2018):
Over the weekend the Film Acting Workshop will offer 9 HOURS of FILM ACTING STUDY plus MONOLOGUE FILMING. You will also have plenty of time for fun and relaxation and we screen movies each night. The Castle offers a variety of accommodations and MEALS are INCLUDED in the room fee (see below).
2 Acting levels are offered:
ADVANCED – for Actors who have taken my workshops before OR experienced Actors can submit their reel for consideration.
BASIC – for Stage Actors and New Actors who just want more experience ON CAMERA.
Friday evening, May, 31st – The Welcome diner and a movie.
Saturday, June 1st – 5 hours of Acting Study with free time and a movie screening at night.
Sunday, June 2nd – 4 hours of Acting Study plus Monologues filmed and more free time.
(Actors are responsible for paying and arranging their own train or car transportation).
100€ – for the 9 hour Film Acting Workshop
150€ – total for accommodations Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday.
**********MEALS are INCLUDED**********
(7 hot meals= Friday night Diner, and Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on Saturday and Sunday).
A variety of rooms are available at the Castle but space is limited and it’s on “a first come, first served basis”:
– 4 large bedrooms with full size beds are available to COUPLES or a SINGLE PERSON can book the private room for an additional 30€ per night).
– The Castle has NUMEROUS SHARED ROOMS with separate beds.
– A large “dorm like” space is also available.
– You can also camp outside on the Castle grounds in one of the fancy large tents they have available (they sleep 2 people on cots, but sleeping bags are needed).
– If you don’t want to stay in the Castle the Workshop fee is 150€ plus 70€ for the 7 meals we are serving at the Castle. There are various Hotels and Airbnb rentals in the area – but we are not involved in any other accommodation transactions or bookings.
Here’s the FILM ACTING Weekend schedule:
Friday, May 31st:
18:00 – 23:00 Welcome Dinner Party plus a Movie.
Saturday, June 1st (5 hours of Workshop time):
9:00 to 10:00 Breakfast
10:00 to 14:00 (4 hours) Both Acting levels participate together:
– warmup exercises (for the body)
– Improvisation exercises (for the mind)
– roundtable discussions about Film Acting vs Stage Acting.
– Everyone rehearsals the 2 to 3 minute long MONOLOGUE ON CAMERA. I give personalized notes to help develop the performance.
14:00 to 15:00 Lunch
15:00 to 17:00 The ADVANCED Actors will work on complex scripts with a scene partner for SCENE STUDY. Plus they are given an another scene to memorize overnight that will be filmed on Sunday morning.
(The BASIC level Actors are free to go for walks, hikes, swimming in the near by lake, enjoy a Sauna and the Hot Tub at the Castle or ride horses (for an additional fees – Actors can make their own arrangements with the Stable next door).
17:00 to 19:00 (2 hours) the BASIC Actors are together again to focus on Film AUDITION TECHNIQUE and COLD READING skills. (The ADVANCED Actors now have a fun time break)
20:00 to 23:00 Dinner and a Movie.
Sunday, June 2nd (4 hours of Workshop time):
9:00 – 10:00 Breakfast
10:00 – 14:00 Both Acting levels participate together:
– The ADVANCED Actors perform the MEMORIZED SCENES they worked on overnight ON CAMERA.
– Everyone’s MONOLOGUES are filmed (monologue copies are given at no extra fee and sent via Dropbox).
14:00 -15:00 Lunch
15:00 to 17:00 A very limited number of Monologues can be filmed AT NO EXTRA FEE using professional lighting and microphones, with multiple takes during this time period.
18:00 – 23:00 the Goodbye Diner Party and a movie (some Actors will leave Sunday evening and others will stay until Monday morning)
HOW TO REGISTER
– The fee is 100€ to hold a spot in the Workshop and reserve a room (see room details above) at the Castle.
– The final 150€ payment deadline is due no later than MAY 1st (Please note: payments are not refundable if canceled after May 20th).
You can register here on Instant Theatre Berlin’s website and we’ll pass your application to the organisers of the workshop:
I hope you will join me for this unique weekend of WORK and PLAY at the enchanted Schönow Castle.
My website for more information:
More Castle Photos: