13 Jan Aleta Chappelle’s FILM ACTING Weekend Workshop in Berlin – February 22-23, 2020
TO REGISTER or for MORE INFORMATION contact
Aleta Chappelle’s internationally acclaimed “FILM” ACTING TECHNIQUE Weekend WORKSHOP and MONOLOGUE Filming (in English).
Ms. Chappelle is a CELEBRATED film Director and an AWARD WINNING Casting Director who has cast over 25 feature films and worked for top directors such as Francis COPPOLA, Wim WENDERS and Roland EMMERICH.
This 2 day workshop is designed for Actors wanting to develop additional skills and confidence ON CAMERA. ALL ACTING LEVELS benefit from the personalized attention Ms. Chappelle provides.
**Enrollment limited to 10 ACTORS**
The 8-HOUR Workshop is an intense Film Acting Study. It also includes a complimentary copy of the monologue filmed during the workshop OR for an additional fee a high quality MONOLOGUE can be filmed on LOCATION the next day, using PROFESSIONAL LIGHTING, SOUND and MULTIPLE TAKES .
Saturday workshop format:
1) Open discussion: The difference between STAGE and FILM acting. What Casting Directors look for from Actors during AUDITIONS. How to move your acting career forward.
2) Warm-ups for the BODY (stretching and breathing) and for your MIND (improvisation games).
3) Actors perform the 2-minute monologue they prepared for the workshop ON CAMERA. This allows Ms. Chappelle to evaluation each Actor’s FILM ACTING skill level, so she can give individualized attention and develop the monologue to a professional level.
4) As a COLD READING exercise each Actor is given a few minutes to study a scene from a FILM SCRIPT, then perform the scene ON CAMERA and receive notes.
5) For the SCENE STUDY part of the Workshop the Actors are assigned a scene partner and a challenging scene to study overnight and then perform ON CAMERA Sunday morning.
Sunday workshop format:
6) The focus of the workshop now shifts from Audition Technique to what is required of Actors ON SET as Ms. Chappelle directs each actor to an “authentic performance.” Improvisation is also used to develop characters deeper, while at the same time maintaining ON CAMERA performance rules.
7) Actors rehearse the monologues and notes are given before the final IN STUDIO filming. The monologues to be filmed ON LOCATION are also rehearsed a last time (the schedule for filming on Monday and the location is worked out individually).
Saturday, February 22 – from 12:00 to 16:00 (4 HOURS)
Sunday, February 23 – from 12:00 to 16:00 (4 HOURS)
Optional MONOLOGUE Filming : Monday, February 24th
800A, Stettiner Strasse 19, 13357, Berlin, Germany
150€ – for the 8-hour workshop and the complimentary in studio MONOLOGUE copy.
50€ additional for the Monday On Location professional MONOLOGUE copy.
TO REGISTER or for MORE INFORMATION use the link below:
See video clips from previous Film Acting workshops: