27 Jun Aleta Chappelle’s Schönow Castle Film Acting and Shakespeare “on camera” Acting Workshop August 23, 24 & 25
Ms. Aleta Chappelle
will conduct her 2nd Workshop at the Schönow Castle
(90 minutes from Berlin)
A FILM ACTING AND SHAKESPEARE “ON CAMERA” WORKSHOP
For experienced Shakespeare actors and those NEW to ACTING Shakespeare
Scenes from the previous Castle Workshop in May 2019:
A FILM ACTING and SHAKESPEARE
“On Camera” Workshop
Plus SHAKESPEARE film screenings each night during the overnight weekend retreat at the Castle
AUGUST 23rd, 24th & 25th
(Enrollment limited to 8 Actors Only)
The Weekend includes
– 8 HOURS of Film Acting technique and Shakespeare Acting technique (leaving time to enjoy the beautiful countryside and relaxing at the Castle)
– MOVIE SCREENINGS each night
– All MEALS and ROOMS included
– Plus MONOLOGUES filming (Contemporary or a Shakespearian Monologue) for Acting Reels
About Ms. Chappelle
Director & Casting Director Aleta Chappelle
In addition to being an Internationally acclaimed Acting Coach, she is the Director of a new Feature Film that is an American/German Co-Production RED DRESS SOLILOQUY. She also directed the Feature Films GOOSED starring Jennifer Tilly and ROMEO AND JULIET IN HARLEM starring Harry Lennix, and she has directed numerous Shakespeare plays. Ms. Chappelle is also an awarding winning Casting Director who has cast films for both Francis and Sofia COPPOLA, Roland EMMERICH, Wim WENDERS, Martha COOLIDGE.
Ms. Chappelle’s credits: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0152635/
Ms. Chappelle’s current film projects: HERE
Ms. Chappelle’s Directing Reel: HERE
About the Schönow Castle
The castle is located ca. 90 minutes travel distance from Berlin.
(Actors are responsible for paying and arranging their own train or car transportation)
The Workshop Schedule (August 23rd, 24th & 25th)
Saturday – 4 hours of Acting Study, free time to relax and a movie screening at night.
Sunday – 4 hours of Acting Study plus the Monologues are filmed.
150€ – The 8 HOUR Workshop plus Monologue filming.
125€ – MEALS and ROOMS
-The MEALS included: Diner Friday night, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on Saturday and Sunday.
-A variety of ROOMS are available – 3 private bedrooms (additional 20€ per night) and shared rooms for 2 people in separate beds. The Workshop is limited to 8 Actors staying at the Castle.
The Workshop Overview:
– warmup exercises (for the body)
– Improvisation exercises (for the mind)
– roundtable discussion regarding “Film Acting vs Stage Acting” and performing Shakespeare.ON or OFF CAMERA.
– Actor rehearse the MONOLOGUE they prepared for the Workshop (Shakespearian or Contemporary) ON CAMERA, with personalized notes given to help develop the performance.
15:00 to 16:00 (1 hour) each Actors is assigned a Scene Partner and a short SCENES from one of Shakespeare’s Plays to prepare and study overnight and be filmed on Sunday morning.
16:00 to 20:00 Actors have time to relax, hike, swim in the near by lake, enjoy a sauna at the Castle or ride horses (for an additional fees).
15:00 to 16:00 (1 hour) MONOLOGUES are rehearsed one last time before filming.
16:00 to 20:00 The Monologues are filmed with professional lighting and sound in/or around the Castle. Each 2 to 3 minute monologue takes approximately 30 to 40 minutes to film and this allows for multiple takes (the Actor’s footage is sent to them via Dropbox).
20:00 the Goodbye Diner Party (most Actors leave that night but Actors are also welcome to stay Sunday night for an additional 20€ fee).
- The payment of 100€ is needed to hold a spot in Workshop and to reserve accommodations at the Castle (the EARLY BIRD special is 20% OFF if paid in full by JULY 10)
- The final 175€ payment deadline is AUGUST 1st.
Previous Participants and photos from around the Castle:
I hope you will join me for this unique weekend of WORK and PLAY – surrounded by the beautiful countryside of the wonderful and magical Schönow Castle. Best wishes,
My website for more information:
You can register here on the Instant Theatre Berlin’s website and we’ll pass your application to the organizers of the workshop. Use this form if you have any questions about the workshop: